Pages

February 13, 2012

Trend: Hair accessories

To my pleasant surprise I have noticed the growing popularity of hair accessories recently. If worn "right", it can make the most simple look really elegant and beautiful. Lets look at some of events last year that marked the beginnings of the popular trend.


One of my all time favorite style-princesses, Mary of Denmark sported her "Christening" Malene Birger flower head piece at the christening of her twins on April 14th last year for the third time. The first time was back in 2006 when Prince Christian was christened and the second time in 2007 when Princess Isabella was christened.


Crown Princess Mary wearing her flower head piece by Malene Birger to her four children's christenings in 2006, 2007 and 2011.

Prior to the Met Gala last year we had a big hat event, namely the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. The hair accessories I found the most feminin and flattering were the ones that the Spencer sisters were wearing. The Spencer sisters are all daughters of Earl Charles Spencer, who is late Diana's younger brother.


The Spencer sisters at the Royal wedding in April 2011.






If you saw pictures from The Met Gala last spring you probably noticed how surprisingly many of the women were wearing a hair jewelry or hair accessory of some sort. Personally, I LOVE this trend and I think its really feminin and festive at the same time. From pictures I've seen from The Met Gala my absolute favorites were Vera Wangs Leaf Tiara and Stella Mc Cartneys Cartier jeweled piece. I wonder if the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton may have influenced some of the Met Gala guests. As you may recall several guests were spotted wearing fabulous hats and hair accessories.
Princess like celebs at the Met gala 2011. Top row: Isabel Lucas, Vera Vang, Jessica Alba.
Bottom row: Kate Hudson, Stella McCartney, Naomi Campbell.

Recently you may have noticed a singer called Lana Del Rey. Apart from her tragic songs and beautiful voice she is known for her statement flower head pieces. Personally I love them and I love the little halo, tiara, princess effect it gives. Do you see what I mean?

Lana Del Rey wears her flower head pieces well.


What is your opinion on the hair accessory trend. Is it in or is it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...